I could spend hours lost in a world of Pins and Pinterest boards and luckily I get to call it work. In fact Pinterest has been described as THE most popular social media site for Brides. This means that if you are thinking of launching a wedding business, you should be spending time on Pinterest too. But, there is a time for ‘grazing’ and a time for ‘strategising’ on Pinterest and when it comes to your business, you should be doing more of the latter than the former, on most days.
My first tip for using Pinterest for business is to separate the personal, from the professional. I have a personal Pinterest page that I use for collecting images that will inspire me in my daily life, outside of work and a business page that is all about promoting my work and my brand. This doesn’t mean you can’t show personality on your business page, but for example, followers to your business page really don’t need to see your collection of recipes for ‘fussy eaters’, unless you are in the business of food.
Setting up a business account is easy, but there are things that you need to do to make sure you get it right and that you are found by people searching for Pins and businesses like yours. To help you get started I have put together the following list of resources:
- Set up your business account – this easy guide comes from Pinterest themselves and is where you should start when setting up your business account.
- Pinterest Brand Guidelines – this guide will help you to promote your Pinterest account and pins, the right way.
- Adding the Pin It button to your site
- Pinterest Guides – a series of guides from Pinterest that cover everything from ‘pinning like a pro’, to understanding analytics.
- The SEO (search engine optimisation) of Pinterest – this blog post and podcast will introduce you to tips and strategies for ensuring your account and pins are found on Pinterest, by your target market.
- More on optimisation – this blog post and podcast will help further your understanding of making your pins and your Pinterest account work for your business.
The first few links I have included come directly from Pinterest. Pinterest provides a lot of very useful, up to date information about how to best use its platform to promote your business. Visit the Pinterest business page here to browse all of the resources.
I hope you find this list of resources useful. If you have any comments or would like to share a link to a resource you have found to help you with using Pinterest for business, please leave a comment below.
Image Credit: Bloomua / Shutterstock.com